Welcome to A to Z!
We’d love to have you join the fun, either blogging your way through the alphabet with us, or simply visiting. =) We dearly love visitors.
If you’re joining in the meme, be sure to link up with us at the end of this post. Since this is a blog hop, you can grab the code for the linky down there too. Find more info about the A to Z meme here.
Today’s Post is brought to you by the letter S
I’m a Substitute Teacher for the Manchester school system here in North Manchester, Indiana. Because I’m also a full-time student and minister, I only get to sub once in awhile but I enjoy it immensely.
In fact, I think I might like substitute teaching better than full-time teaching. Here’s why:
1. Subs don’t have to take work home with them.
2. Subs don’t have to attend meetings after school.
3. Subs aren’t required to attend after-school events.
4. There is great variety in subbing. Sometimes I’m in an elementary classroom and other times I’m in a high school English class. But my favorite sub experiences are with the students in the Special Education classrooms. (Which is what I’m getting my degree in.)
5. Subs don’t have to record grades, hold conferences, or meet with parents.
1 .Recess duty.
2. Recess duty.
3. Recess duty.
I’ve never liked recess duty. Especially when it’s 9F out and there’s ice everywhere. It’s just not my cup of tea.
How about you? Have you ever filled in for someone on a job? What was it? What did you like about it? Dislike about it?