This is a recipe blog hop! Go here to get the button and join us each week: The Most Delicious Recipe Blog Hop.
Then add your recipe post to mine with the linky codes at the end of this post.
Whether you’re a paleo, vegetarian, southern cook, or baker, you’re welcome to join me and post a weekly recipe!
I can hardly wait to make this delicious dessert for Christmas Eve! Everyone in our house (except for my Mother-In-Law who is a teeny tiny little thing) needs to watch their sugar intake. The best way for our family is to eat low-carb. Thankfully, almond flour is delicious and we all love cream cheese! If you love dessert as much as we do and are diabetic or counting carbs, you’re going to love this recipe!
Here’s a hint to make it even better: freeze it before serving. Oh. Nom!
Banana Split Dessert
3 Tbsp. butter (or coconut oil)
2 Tbsp. Splenda (or other no-calorie sweetener of your choice)
1 cup almond flour
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup Splenda (or other no-calorie sweetener of your choice)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup heavy cream
1 small can chunk pineapple in juice (not syrup)–well drained
Sugar free chocolate syrup
1. Grease a 7 X 11 pan.
2. Melt 3 Tbsp. of butter and stir in the sweetener. Combine with 1 cup of almond flour. Spread crust into the greased pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes. Do not allow it to brown. Set aside to cool while you prepare the filling.
3. Mix 8 ounces of cream cheese with the sweetener, egg and vanilla. Spread over cooled crust.
4. Bake in a water bath (a larger pan filled half-way with water) for 35 minutes at 325 degrees. Do not allow it to brown on top.
6. Let cool. Top with slices of one banana.
7. Make the topping: whip 1 cup heavy cream until stiff. Add 2 tbsp. of Davinci Vanilla Syrup and whip a little more.
8. Spread half the topping over bananas.
9. Cut pineapple chunks into four pieces. place side by side on top of the whipped topping.
10. Spread remaining whipped topping over pineapple. Drizzle with sugar-free chocolate sauce and top with 12 maraschino cherries.
11. Cut into 12 pieces and enjoy!
Makes 12 servings.
250 calories per serving.
Approximately 5 carbs without the cherries, 7 with one cherry.
Serve frozen or partly frozen or not frozen at all (but it’s better at least partially frozen).
Let me know if you make this recipe and send me pictures!